Z93 welcomes you to the ZCare page. We are proud to announce our new sponsor, Valley View Mall! ZCare is here to help our friends and neighbors in the La Crosse and surrounding area. You’ll find a list of events and benefits in our community below. Please take the time to check them out. If you have a benefit you’d like us to list or are in need of our assistance, please contact us at ZCare PO Box 99 La Crosse, WI 54602 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
|December 7, 2013|
|9:30 am||to||4:00 pm|
Family & Children’s Center- Building Bricks of Hope Lego Contest
Saturday, December 7th at Valley View Mall- Herberger’s Court
This event generates awareness of support for Hope Academy, a highly successful, alternative , high school at Family & Children’s Center. The program is supported by grants and community contributions. Proceeds from this event will help to maintain services for students and their children! More info, click here!
|December 7, 2013|
Jeannie and Kent Ernst have lived in Desoto, WI for 15 years. They have 2 boys, and their family has overcome a series of health issues, over the past year. Jeannie has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer, and will begin Chemotherapy treatments. Please join us for a benefit to support Jeannie, and her family, during this difficult time.
- Saturday, December 7th from 10am-?
- Desoto Community Center (53 Crawford St. Desoto, WI)
- Great food, live auction at 11am, DJ at 4pm, 50/50 Raffles, Texas Hold Em tournament at 5pm, bake sale, and more!
- For additional information, please contact Robin at 608-606-3715
|December 14, 2013|
|12:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
Jeff Grimsled was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer, in August. In January, Jeff will undergo surgery to remove his bladder, replacing it with an artificial bladder. Due to the cost of this procedure, and the growing mound of medical bills, there will be a benefit for Jeff to support him, during this difficult time.
- Saturday, December 14th from 12pm-8pm
- Fargo Junction (Hwy 27 Rising Sun, WI)
- Live music, refreshments, auction, and more!
- For more info, contact Kurt at 608-632-5515
|December 14, 2013|
|5:30 pm||to||8:00 pm|
- Saturday, December 14th from 5:30-8pm
- At the Curling Club in Centerville
- Fundraiser for ATV 4 Vets, catered by Fazoli’s.
- The night’s events will include raffles, calendar gifts, silent auctions, and other various games!
- More info, here!
|December 14, 2013|
|12:00 pm||to||11:30 pm|
Mary Sharon was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in November of 2011. After radiation and chemotherapy, Mary’s scan was clean, in July 2013. In October, a scan showed that her cancer had returned, and she has two cancerous tumors on her liver. Mary will be going through another round of chemotherapy, starting November 18, and will continue treatment for six months. Please join us for a benefit to support Mary and her family during this difficult time.
- Saturday, December 14th at the Concordia Ballroom (La Crosse Street, in La Crosse)
- Event starts at 12pm and goes untl 11:30pm
- There will also be live entertainment, live auction, silent auction, raffles and more along with great food
|December 16, 2013|
Laura Lee has been unable to work due to constant hospitalizations and surgeries. She has been placed on a permanent feeding tube, due to her inability to eat, and will be receiving an islet auto-transplant in the coming year. This treatment is another experiment in her journey, with no guaranteed outcome or solution. In addition to the enormous hospital bills that have added up, Laura’s father was recently laid off, ending the, little, financial support she had. Laura Lee has been battling her condition for almost two years. She has been diagnosed with a pancreatic divisium. Due to numerous surgeries and seventeen hospitalizations, Laura Lee had to come back to La Crosse, leaving a job in Portland, working in a shelter for homeless women. Laura was also a motivational speaker for suicide prevention, and mental health. She is in and out of the hospital, weekly, with stomach pain and chronic pancreatitis.
Join us for a benefit to support Laura, and her family, during this difficult time. Through this benefit, we are hoping to raise funds for Laura Lee to travel to University of Minnesota and receive treatment through a Pancreatectomy and Islet Auto-Transplant.
- Monday, December 16th at TGI Fridays, in Onalaska, from 4pm-close
- Happy Hour will be taking place 4pm-7 pm and 9pm-midnight: $3 Well drinks, $3 Signature Cocktails, $3 Tall Domestic Drafts.
- Starting at 6pm, raffle tickets will be given for special prizes. Those prizes will be drawn at 8pm, kicking off Free Beer and Naked Karaoke/ DJ from 8p-?
Click Here for more info!
|December 28, 2013|
|2:00 pm||to||10:00 pm|
62 year old, Ron Schumacher has been battling pancreatic cancer for 16 months. Unfortunately, the chemo/radiation is proving to be ineffective, and his days are numbered. Because of this battle, Ron had to stop working, this past May. Ron survived prostate cancer about 6 years ago, and things were well until about a year and a half ago. Ron’s wife has missed a very significant amount of work, as Ron needs somebody to spend the days with him to make him feel secure. This, combined with everything else, has left a huge financial burden on the family. Please join us for a benefit to support Ron and his family, during this difficult time!
- “Family Celebration” Saturday December 28th from 2pm to 10pm
- All Star Lanes Banquet Hall
- Food and beverages provided, (including beer), a silent auction, tip boards and Vegas boards, a 50/50 raffle, a Chinese auction, along with other items being raffled off throughout the night.
- For more info, please contact: Mike Schumacher 608-397-5953 or Katie Stolt 608-397-6286 or email email@example.com
- Any monetary gifts to the Ron Schumacher Cancer Benefit can be deposited at any Associated Bank location.
- More info, click here!
Support the De Soto Youth Sports department!
Purchase Packer Raffle tickets, and you can help with families in need! Funds will go toward kids who need school supplies, fire
victims, kids who need help with equipment or uniforms for school sports, and many other ways!
Raffle tickets are $20.00 each or 2 for $30.00! Call 608-689-2275 to purchase your tickets today! The drawing is on Sunday, September 1st at Stoddard Park, during their fundraiser for the Fire Dept.
Our ZCare Team received this email:
My name is Jenni and I am from the G-E-T High School in Galesville. I was wondering where Z93 gets their $10 itunes gift cards from? I am working on a project for a student with disabilities and I need a $10 itunes gift card. I have called everywhere and can only find $15 cards. Can you help with this?
We were happy to help Jenni with her project! ZCare sponsored the iTunes gift card for Jenni, and the student! Jenni later sent an email that read:
I want to thank you for doing this. This student will be very excited to hear where his card from. Thank you to the whole Z93 crew for always being awesome!