Z93 welcomes you to the ZCare page. We are proud to announce our new sponsor, Valley View Mall! ZCare is here to help our friends and neighbors in the La Crosse and surrounding area. You’ll find a list of events and benefits in our community below. Please take the time to check them out. If you have a benefit you’d like us to list or are in need of our assistance, please contact us at ZCare PO Box 99 La Crosse, WI 54602 or email us email@example.com.
|March 8, 2014|
|11:00 am||to||2:00 pm|
Chili Cook Off at the Harley Davidson, in Waukon, IA
- Saturday, March 8th from 11am-2pm
- $7- All You Can Eat!
- Proceeds benefit the local area Fire Departments
- Open to the public-Bring your best chili to win a spot on the Dual Exhaust Trophy!
- For more info- Call 563-568-3471
|March 9, 2014|
|12:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
Dan Jonsgaard, from Winona, MN, was severely injured in a crash, on Tuesday, December 10th. A pickup driver lost control, traveling into Dan’s lane, causing Dan to swerve and roll his semi. Dan has life-threatening injuries. Since the accident, Dan was in a coma, on full life support and a breathing ventilator. Dan has one of the most severe brain injuries that doctors, in Madison and St. Paul, have ever seen! Current condition: Dan has feeding, and trachea tubes, and remains in a coma. Join us for a benefit to support Dan, and his family, during this difficult time!
- Sunday, March 9th at the Black Horse Bar and Grill in Winona, MN from Noon-8pm
- $7 donation, at the door, covers the meal. Including: Pulled turkey sandwiches, pickles, mash potatoes, brown beans, veggies, chips, dessert, and a drink of your choice.
- All proceeds will go towards Daniel Jonsgaard’s care, future medical expenses and the Jonsgaard family.
- Contact info: Cathy (Dan’s wife) 507-452-6907 or Sandra (Dan’s daughter) at Jonsgaard18@hotmail.com
|March 9, 2014|
|1:00 pm||to||7:00 pm|
Farrah is an 18 month old little girl, who had ear tubes put in along with a CT scan done on 12.27.13. An abnormal growth was found in her head in that scan. After many more tests, Farrah’s family learned she had Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. It’s very likely she has had this since birth. 80% of children with this diagnosis make a full recovery, and that is the hope for Farrah! She has been undergoing chemotherapy, and is expected to continue for the next 8-12 months. Please join us for a benefit to support Farrah, and her family, during this difficult time!
- Sunday, March 9th at the Phoenix Center (Richland Center, WI)
- Silent auction, raffle, optional “all you can eat” pizza buffet for $10 donation!
- All proceeds will go directly to Farrah’s family for the cost of medical expenses!
For more information on other ways to donate to Farrah, click here!
|March 22, 2014|
TC Jr. suffered severe brain trauma at the hands of another human being. He is recovering, but the process is slow and the costs are mounting. Please join us to support Terry, and his family, by attending the Terry Callahan Jr. Benefit!
- Saturday, March 22 from 1pm-?
- All Star Lanes located at 4735 Mormon Coulee Rd LaCrosse.
- Live Music, Free Food, and Great Raffle Prizes.
- Donations are greatly appreciated.
- Tickets are $10 each or 3 for $25. Pick them up at Dublin Square or The Helm.
Click here to see updates on Terry’s condition, and for a schedule of events for the benefit.
|March 22, 2014|
|5:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
The Onalaska Jaycee’s and Onalaska Park and Rec are hosting a Zumbathon!
- Saturday, March 22 from 5-8pm at the Onalaska Omni Center Arena
- $10 per person, or $7 for groups of 5 people
- Come dressed in your freshest, 90’s attire!
- All proceeds benefit the Habitat for Humanity
Pre register online, HERE! Or register at the door!
|April 5, 2014|
“Ballin for Brandon” 3 on 3 Basketball Memorial Tournament, in honor of Brandon Jennings.
Brandon was killed in a tragic car accident on July 18, 2010, while driving home. At the time of his death he was a senior at Holmen High School, Holmen Wisconsin and played varsity for both the basketball and football teams. He is remembered for not only his hard work in both academics and athletics; he also had an unforgettable smile and caring personality.
Join us for “Ballin for Brandon”
- Saturday, April 5, 2014 at Holmen High School
- 50/50 raffle, silent auction, door prize give a ways, bake sale, and two shooting competitions (free throw & 3 point shooting).
- Each registered player receives a ‘Ballin for Brandon‘ t-shirt for participating.
- All of the money raised will fund the “Brandon Jennings Memorial Scholarship”, which is awarded to a senior at Holmen High School that will be attending a four year college.
Deadline for registration is March 1st. If you have any questions please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for more info!
|April 27, 2014|
Kelly Beach has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. It started with breast cancer. She was in remission. But the cancer has returned, and has matastasized to her liver. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Kelly! Please join us for a benefit to support Kelly, and her 3 beautiful children!
- Sunday, April 27th at 10am
- Run/Walk at the lake, in Winona MN
- Cook Out will take place at Noon, following the walk!
- At the Black Horse Bar and Grill
- Live Music, food, raffles, silent auction, and more!
- Join the facebook group, HERE, to get your t-shirts in advance!
Our ZCare Team received this email:
My name is Jenni and I am from the G-E-T High School in Galesville. I was wondering where Z93 gets their $10 itunes gift cards from? I am working on a project for a student with disabilities and I need a $10 itunes gift card. I have called everywhere and can only find $15 cards. Can you help with this?
We were happy to help Jenni with her project! ZCare sponsored the iTunes gift card for Jenni, and the student! Jenni later sent an email that read:
I want to thank you for doing this. This student will be very excited to hear where his card from. Thank you to the whole Z93 crew for always being awesome!
ZCare, along with Valley View Mall, supports local organizations, families, and more, in the La Crosse and surrounding area. It is very heart warming when people in our community are generous, and give back to ZCare! Special thanks to Jenni Seberg, Caleb Roberts, and Sara Schneider (students at Western Technical College). As part of their Management Accounting Project, they raised funds for ZCare! They dropped off a generous donation of $260.00! Thank you for thinking of us, and for giving back to the community! We hope you get an A+ on your presentation!