Z93 welcomes you to the ZCare page. We are proud to announce our new sponsor, Valley View Mall! ZCare is here to help our friends and neighbors in the La Crosse and surrounding area. You’ll find a list of events and benefits in our community below. Please take the time to check them out. If you have a benefit you’d like us to list or are in need of our assistance, please contact us at ZCare PO Box 99 La Crosse, WI 54602 or email us email@example.com.
|March 10, 2015|
- Tuesday, March 10th at Central High School
- 6:30pm- Ice Cream Social
- 7pm- Performances by the Central High School Jazz Band, Central Connection Show Choir, Grand Central Station Show Choir and also featuring guest speakers from Gundersen Health System and Mayo Clinic Health System
- Hosted by Z93’s Brittany Styles
|March 13, 2015|
|5:00 pm||to||10:00 pm|
Erin Hennessy, a senior member of the Central High School girls basketball team, was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. The Central Girl’s Basketball program is putting on a benefit to help her and her family with this battle. All proceeds go to the Hennessy family and cancer research.
|March 15, 2015|
|11:00 am||to||5:00 pm|
Ramona (Mona) Rach is a 55 year old dialysis patient that is in need of our help. Mona undergoes dialysis 9 hours every night, as she is in End Stage Renal failure. She has been on a waiting list since November of 2013 for a kidney transplant. She has spent most of her life as a care giver, employed as a certified nursing assistant, and now she is in need of care. She is very involved in her grand childrens’ life as well. She is living in the Chaseburg area. Please join us for a benefit to support Ramona and her family during this difficult time.
- Sunday, March 15th at All Star Lanes Banquet Hall from 11am-5pm
- Bake sale, spaghetti dinner with a free will offering, silent auction, and other games.
- Monetary donations can be made at: Altra Federal Credit Union, 2715 Losey Blvd S, LaCrosse, Wi 54601 in the Ramona Rach Benefit name for any monetary donations.
|March 26, 2015|
|4:30 pm||to||7:00 pm|
Join us for La Crescent Baseball’s 12th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction
- Thursday, March 26th at the La Crescent American Legion (509 Chestnut St. La Crescent, MN)
- Serving dinner from 4:30pm-7pm (Meet Players and Coaches at 6pm)
- Tickets are $8 (carry-outs are available)
- Purchase tickets in advance at the Legion or from Team Members
- All proceeds benefit the La Crescent Baseball Booster Club
|March 28, 2015|
Saturday, March 28, Westby Middle School FCCLA will be hosting their very own run/walk. The walk will take place in the Westby Area Field House starting with registration at Noon and the walk will begin at 2 p.m.
This walk is to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and the potential cure for type one diabetes. This disease is a non-curable disease in which there are high levels of sugar in the blood. Millions of people are affected by this disease and hoping for a cure.
Current Westby eighth-grader Tessa Thruin is a type one diabetic, and along with her friends, needs your help in raising awareness of this disease while having a little fun. They are looking for walkers and teams. If you are interested in forming a team, please contact current FCCLA adviser Jennie Marx at Jennie.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|April 19, 2015|
|1:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
Shirley Smith was diagnosed with Hepatobiliary cancer in December of 2014. This type of cancer is incurable and has spread to the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and her pancreas. Shirley is an amazing woman who would do anything for anybody. Shirley has to travel 110 miles, 3 times a week, for treatment and medical procedures. Join us for a benefit to support Shirley and her family during this difficult time.
- Sunday, April 19th at the Black River Neighborhood Beach from 1pm-5pm
- 1433 Rose Street, LaCrosse,WI
- Adults $5.00- Kids free
- Raffle drawings, dinner, Cake Walk, bake sale, silent auctions, karaoke, and more!
On Friday, November 9th Valley Dental, in Onalaska, held an event called Dentistry from the Heart. They offered free dental care for one day, on a first come first serve basis. We wanted you to know how much this impacted our community, and how many people benefited from the generosity of Valley Dental and Dr. Gavin!
- 15 people were in the parking lot with sleeping bags by 2:30 am, the morning of to be first in line (reported by police).
- 105 people were registered upon opening at 7:00am
- 141 total people registered
- 32 people were seen by Doctor Gavin
- 65+ people were seen by Hygienists & Assistants
- The balance of people who showed up, but were not helped due to time constraints, will be scheduled during the next year (Dr. Gavin and Staff will donate 5 hours per week until caught up).
Thank you to Valley Dental and Dr. Gavin for your generosity, donated services, and your donated time!
I wanted to thank Z Care for all the great things that is does for this community. Specifically, I want to thank you for the donation we received in the form of gas cards at Christmas time last year. Our daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia almost a year ago. Ever since then her grandparents, who live in Texas, have been trying to find a way to see her to make sure with their own eyes that she is okay and to give her lots of “grandma and grandpa” hugs and kisses. Due to their own health issues they were not able to make it up here this year so we decided that if Raylin’s health permitted it, we would visit them in Texas at Christmas time. With the doctor’s okay and the gift of the gas cards, we were able to go to Texas and spend time with them. It was an awesome vacation for us as it allowed us to take our minds off of all the dr. appointments and clinic trips lately. It was awesome for Raylin’s grandparents because they finally got to see her in person since her diagnosis and reassure themselves that in the long run she’ll be okay. For that, I thank you. Sincerely,
I would like to take the time to give you guys a HUGE thank you for your support and giving to the benefit that was held for me on December 10th. It amazes me how warm and thoughtful of a community we live in! Your donation helped me get caught up on bills and when i received the letter, it touched my heart. Thank you again and please give your listeners a big shout out and a big thank you from me personally for being there for me during my trying times. I have another Dr. appointment on the 4th of January. A new year and I am hoping this last surgery worked and I can start off the New year in the right way. Again, thanks so much for your support, generosity, and caring ways.
Much Love and Respect, Tina Trueblood