Z93 welcomes you to the ZCare page. We are proud to announce our new sponsor, Valley View Mall! ZCare is here to help our friends and neighbors in the La Crosse and surrounding area. You’ll find a list of events and benefits in our community below. Please take the time to check them out. If you have a benefit you’d like us to list or are in need of our assistance, please contact us at ZCare PO Box 99 La Crosse, WI 54602 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
|March 26, 2015|
|4:30 pm||to||7:00 pm|
Join us for La Crescent Baseball’s 12th Annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction
- Thursday, March 26th at the La Crescent American Legion (509 Chestnut St. La Crescent, MN)
- Serving dinner from 4:30pm-7pm (Meet Players and Coaches at 6pm)
- Tickets are $8 (carry-outs are available)
- Purchase tickets in advance at the Legion or from Team Members
- All proceeds benefit the La Crescent Baseball Booster Club
|March 28, 2015|
Saturday, March 28, Westby Middle School FCCLA will be hosting their very own run/walk. The walk will take place in the Westby Area Field House starting with registration at Noon and the walk will begin at 2 p.m.
This walk is to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) and the potential cure for type one diabetes. This disease is a non-curable disease in which there are high levels of sugar in the blood. Millions of people are affected by this disease and hoping for a cure.
Current Westby eighth-grader Tessa Thruin is a type one diabetic, and along with her friends, needs your help in raising awareness of this disease while having a little fun. They are looking for walkers and teams. If you are interested in forming a team, please contact current FCCLA adviser Jennie Marx at Jennie.email@example.com for more information.
|March 28, 2015|
|4:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
In October, Sandy was diagnosed with breast cancer. With 20 sessions chemotherapy, surgery, and possibly radiation coming her way; she is need of some help. Join Sandy’s friends and families for a benefit to support Sandy, and her family, during this difficult time.
- Saturday, March 28th at the American Legion in Winona (302 East Sarnia Street, Winona MN)
- 4-8pm- Tickets are available at the door
- Tickets are $8 and include: Choice of hot sandwich, baked beans, homemade salads, coffee, and water
- Desserts available, silent auction, and music
|April 12, 2015|
|5:30 pm||to||7:30 pm|
Light It Up Blue Sponsored by Kish & Sons Electric. Join us in celebrating world Autism awareness on April 12, 2015 at the Children’s Museum in La Crosse from 5:30-7:30PM. Admission is $5 and proceeds benefit the La Crosse Area Autism Foundation. Children 2 and under are free. For more info: Click Here
|April 18, 2015|
Jim was diagnosed with head and neck cancer on August 29th, 2013 as stage 4. He has had surgery and has been through chemo and radiation treatments. Jim is in remission, but continues to have medical follow ups and testing.
Kim was diagnosed with breast cancer in November of 2014 and had her first surgery in January 2015. Kim will have her second surgery at the end of March. At this time no chemo is necessary, but she will continue with follow up visits to hopefully stay cancer free. Join us for a benefit to support both of these wonderful people!
- Saturday, April 18th from 2pm-?
- Champions Riverside Resort (Pow Wow Lane in Galesville, WI)
- Donations can be dropped off, or sent to, Champions
- Click Here for more info!
|April 19, 2015|
|1:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
Shirley Smith was diagnosed with Hepatobiliary cancer in December of 2014. This type of cancer is incurable and has spread to the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and her pancreas. Shirley is an amazing woman who would do anything for anybody. Shirley has to travel 110 miles, 3 times a week, for treatment and medical procedures. Join us for a benefit to support Shirley and her family during this difficult time.
- Sunday, April 19th at the Black River Neighborhood Beach from 1pm-5pm
- 1433 Rose Street, LaCrosse,WI
- Adults $5.00- Kids free
- Raffle drawings, dinner, Cake Walk, bake sale, silent auctions, karaoke, and more!
|May 2, 2015|
|11:00 am||to||7:00 pm|
Nathan Schoonover is a 9 year old boy from Sparta, who suffers from severe Epilepsy. The doctors have exhausted their resources and have determined that Nathan will have to learn to live with it. Nathan has been approved for a service dog to aid in detecting his seizures. The dog’s name is Bella. Bella will get help when the seizures occur, and also will shield and protect Nathan during his seizures. Nathan’s friends and families are holding a benefit to raise funds to pay for Bella’s training and the cost of purchasing Bella to be part of Nathan’s family.
- Saturday, May 2nd at Colonial Bowling Center in Sparta, WI
- Benefit goes from 11am-7pm with live music featuring “Down East” from 8-midnight
- Food, raffles, kids games, and more! More info, click here!
|May 3, 2015|
|12:00 pm||to||8:00 pm|
December 10th, 2013 a Winona Man suffered life threatening injuries in a Western Wisconsin semi-truck/pick-up accident. Daniel Jonsgaard suffered traumatic injuries including: a brain injury, an irreversible brain stem surgery, his whole face being fractured, multiple cuts and lacerations, and more. Dan was in a coma for two months, and could not breathe on his own. He is currently still being treated in the hospital for his severe injuries. Dan’s friends and families are holding a benefit to support Dan and his family during this difficult time.
- Sunday, May 3rd at the Blackhorse Bar and Grill in Winona, MN
- Noon-8pm with the silent auction held from Noon-6:30pm
- Cost is $8 and includes a pulled pork meal
- All proceeds will go to support Dan and his wife, and their 3 children
If you are willing to donate, contact Cathy or Sandra Jonsgaard at 507-452-6907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send a donation to Cathy Jonsgaard at 2367 Maria Road, Winona, MN 55987.
On Friday, November 9th Valley Dental, in Onalaska, held an event called Dentistry from the Heart. They offered free dental care for one day, on a first come first serve basis. We wanted you to know how much this impacted our community, and how many people benefited from the generosity of Valley Dental and Dr. Gavin!
- 15 people were in the parking lot with sleeping bags by 2:30 am, the morning of to be first in line (reported by police).
- 105 people were registered upon opening at 7:00am
- 141 total people registered
- 32 people were seen by Doctor Gavin
- 65+ people were seen by Hygienists & Assistants
- The balance of people who showed up, but were not helped due to time constraints, will be scheduled during the next year (Dr. Gavin and Staff will donate 5 hours per week until caught up).
Thank you to Valley Dental and Dr. Gavin for your generosity, donated services, and your donated time!