BIG BLUE DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL
|Date:||June 22, 2019|
Spectating is FREE and there’s lots to do!
Racing begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning with up to 40 teams consisting of 20 paddlers each battling to be the best in their division. The breast cancer survivor ceremony will be held at approximately 11:30 p.m. Division finals will be taking place all afternoon. The awards ceremony will be held around 3:00 p.m. Here’s the full breakdown of events:
- 7:15 a.m. Captain’s Meeting/Opening Ceremony
- 7:30 a.m. Opening Ceremony
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Kids Crafts & Face Painting in the Kids Tent
- 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Balloons by Kevin
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Exaggerated Entertainment Caricaturists in the Community Tent
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Inflatables
- 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The Magic of Isaiah, two mini shows in the Community Tent at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- 11:30 p.m. Breast Cancer Survivor Ceremony
- 3:00 p.m. Team Medals & Awards Presentation
Big Blue Dragon Parking located at Veteran’s Freedom Park (across the Black River) or in the streets near Copeland Park. A shuttle will run between the Big Blue Dragon Parking at Veterans Freedom Park and the Loggers Stadium.
Find more info on the connection to Breast Cancer HERE