ROTARY LIGHTS IN RIVERSIDE PARK- OPEN NOW!
Written by Brittany Styles on November 27, 2020
For the past 25 years we’ve enjoyed the beautiful Rotary Lights display of twinkling lights, in Riverside Park, in downtown La Crosse. Thanks to a cooperative effort among the area’s Rotary Clubs, numerous other non-profit groups and volunteer organizations, sponsors, and the Steering Committee and Board; the display gets bigger and better every year!
Thankfully, we can look forward to the 26th year of the Rotary Lights with some changes due to Covid. Hey, at least it’s still happening! With over 3,000,000 lights, you can imagine the how breath taking this holiday display will be. And remember, it’s FREE. Monetary donations and non-perishable food items are encouraged when you visit!
2020 has had its challenges, but we are excited to continue the Rotary Lights family tradition with a few changes! In…Posted by Rotary Lights, La Crosse on Thursday, October 22, 2020
The biggest changes this year include the following:
- Santa will be in the park every night through December 23 to wave and cheer you on, however, there will be no lap visits with Santa this year.
- The model train display and gift shop will not be open this year, but a couple of Santa’s reindeer will be in the park.
- They will still have the live nativity, however, the number of participants will be limited to the Holy Family.
- There will be an ice rink available to use when the weather allows, however, the warming trailer and free skate rental will be closed this year, please bring your own skates.
- Carriage rides will continue as normal, however, the free hayrides on Tuesday evenings are cancelled for this year.
- Free s’mores will still be available at the fire pit, supplies will be individually packaged.
- Events are on select nights, check out the Event Schedule for more details.
- You are encouraged, for the safety of all, to wear a mask/face covering if you plan to walk through the park.
Entering Rotary Lights!
Please continue to enter the park from Copeland Ave heading south, slight right on to Second Street, but this year the line will turn right down Vine Street, left on Front Street and right on State Street. The route will be clearly marked, so please follow the signs. Vine street will be divided into a Rotary Lights lane, and local business traffic only lane. On busy nights the line will back up onto 3rd Street/Copeland Ave. Roads will be blocked so that you cannot enter from State Street, northbound on Second Street, or from Vine Street. Please be courteous to those in line and join at the back of the line. Click Here for maps and directions!
Rotary Lights has a few additions this year!
- A brand new sleigh will be available to take photos
- There will be heated restrooms available on both the north and south ends of the park
- There will be a brand new hologram display
Cover Photo Image Credit: Bob Good Photography, La Crosse WI