AWARD WINNING CRANBERRY GRILLED CHEESE #FITFUNFAB
Written by Ballzer on October 9, 2020
October has historically been American Cheese Month so we called in an expert on dairy air: Kaitlyn Riley! She’s a former Alice in Dairyland, the Farm Director at Mid-West Family La Crosse, and spends most weekends on her family’s dairy farm.
Cranberry Delight Recipe
- Sourdough Bread
- Wisconsin Medium Cheddar Cheese
- Wisconsin Colby Cheese
- Dried Wisconsin Cranberries
- Salted Butter
- Cranberry Butter
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen Wisconsin cranberries
- 1/4 cup Wisconsin honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- Zest from orange
- Prepare Cranberry Butter
- In a small saucepan, cook cranberries, honey and orange zest for 8-10 minutes, or until cranberries are tender. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- • Combine cranberry sauce with butter (can mix by hand or whip with a hand mixer).
- Shred desired amount of cheese
- Cover outside pieces of bread with salted butter
- Spread cranberry butter on the inner pieces
- Add cheese, dried cranberries, and bacon and assemble sandwich
- Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown
As promised, Kaitlyn’s favorite Beer Cheese Dip!
Beer Dip Recipe:
1/2 bottle of your favorite brew
2 cups shredded cheese (your choice!)
2 8oz packages cream cheese
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
Mix cream cheese and beer.
Add ranch mix and cheese (save some cheese to sprinkle on top).
Top dip with remaining cheese.
Serve with bread, pretzels or crackers and enjoy!
Here’s some fun WI cheesy facts, too:
Tagged as Cheese Fit Fun Fab Kaitlyn Riley October Wisconsin