SUMMER SNACK AND TREAT RECIPES WITH CHEF, BEN GULLETT
Written by Brittany Styles on June 4, 2021
We love having Ben Gullett on our show. He’s delightful and always has delicious recipes! Today’s segment was no different. He had some yummy summer treats and snacks that are easy to make and look delicious.
Watch our full interview and demonstration with Ben!
Barney Butter’s Buckeye Candies
- 1 cup Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 4 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 teaspoon liquid stevia
- In a medium sized bowl mix Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter and Almond Flour – this is your buckeye center! Set aside.
- In a double boiler, add your chocolate chips and melt on low to medium heat. Be sure to use a spoon and stir constantly.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the liquid stevia. Set aside and let cool slightly but not harden.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Now you will make the Buckeye centers. Use a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon and roll your buckeye center. Place all on the parchment paper.
- Dip each into your melted chocolate and place back on the parchment paper.
- Set in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Enjoy and try not to eat them all at once!
ParmCrisps Summer-Inspired Charcuterie Board
- ParmCrisps Original Flavor
- Salami (rolled)
- Prosciutto (rolled)
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Aged Cheddar
- Your Favorite Fresh Fruits and anything else that sounds good to you, or your guests!
- Place each ingredient in bundles on an old cutting board.
- Serve and enjoy
THINSTERS Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 Pint of your Favorite Ice Cream
- 10 THINSTERS chocolate chip cookies
- THINSTERS Cookie Crumbs
- Optional- Melted Chocolate, Sprinkles
1. Set aside 10 THINSTERS cookies
2. Crumble the remaining THINSTERS cookies
3. In a bowl, mix a pint of your favorite ice cream with the cookie crumbs
4. Scoop a tablespoon of the ice cream mixture onto a whole THINSTERS cookie.
5. Place another THINSTERS cookie on top to create a sandwich with the cookies.
6. OPTIONAL: Dip the ice cream sandwich into melted chocolate and sprinkles, freeze for an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Barney Butter’s Kiddy Granola Bars
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter, melted in the microwave (30 seconds to 1 minute)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. In a food processor, using the “S” blade process dates until you achieve a dough-like consistency and transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Add the oats, almonds, and goji berries to the dates. Use your hands to mix until combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine the almond butter and maple syrup, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted or alternatively melt in a small saucepan over low heat. Use a spoon to mix until blended together.
4. Pour the melted almond butter mixture over the oat mixture. Use a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
5. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
6. Pour mixture in the baking dish and flatten with a spatula
7. Place in the refrigerator for approximately 25-30 minutes
8. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 8 bars.